Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Wednesday.

Began with a pre dawn walk with Q... the days are getting shorter as it was the same time, but the sun was 15 minutes from rising.  Walking in the early morning dark is, well, rather strange. Instinctively I kept looking for hungry coyotes, lurking for a cute and cuddly puppy doggy, a perfect breakfast snack for many or full meal for one.  Need I say we had a SHORT walk.

Onto Reagan Elementary for an 8:10 first class with 2nd graders.  I think this grade level is my favorite.  They are budding at reading, eager to share, not afraid to speak, helpful with each other, curious, curious, curious.  A McCallum Admin was visiting which was, as usual, a bit of an annoyance and slight disturbance.  Luckily, they know how to be there and NOT be there... silent and supportive, yet madly scribbling notes. Now, that's interruptive. Classes were swell and kids were gems. :)

Neatly hung backpacks along pristine halls.

An empty campus in-between classes. I just think of the kids in the South Bronx and the difference of their learning environment.  I only WISH the students (and teachers) here knew how lucky they are...

Home for a quick lunch and perhaps nap...then onto my mammo and bone density scan.  Give it a few days and I'll know to jump up and down or just jump.  The lesson with this ordeal is to force me to get insurance.  Damn. With all the bills (how did that happen? I live like a pauper) an added insurance payment was just extravagant.

But, more so, honestly: who the hell cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment