Monday, October 6, 2014

Marvelous Monday.  I love Mondays.  A new week!  A new sequence onto 52.  Those weeks build into years, decades.  But, a DAY. One day. Monday.  To begin again.  To see what's ahead to reflect on missed moments. The chance to enhance; complete; retire. What ever is the mission or poison, it's all there new to contemplate and shift into a deeper state of contemplation or moving onto Monday.
I think that may be the best word, for the moment. Monday.  Monday!  MONDAY!

Ok, feeling better about just F***ing being here, just choosing to be here 'cause Mondays are so friggin' awesome...

For the last 3 Mondays I've been blessed with Aqua Caliente Elementary School in Cathedral City, CA. I'm working with four 5th grade classes, Inquiry Based Education, teaching to the 24th Street Theatre's production of WALKING THE TIGHTROPE.  (......... aren't we all, walking our own personal tightropes?).

Eager, hungry eyes and hearts greet with smiles and "HELLO, MS. STEPHANIE! Are we going to do more 'acting'? Are we going to be mimes again?  Can I go first? What are we doing today? Will we see you at the theatre?"  Thank you, Monday.

Lots of material is ready to discover, beginning with stage direction. Even for actors who are (hello) professional, still have a problem with US, DS, SR and SL....  These kids were beyond patient with the process! After the rolling of the pen in a discarded file folder box to demonstrate a raked stage and DS movement (Shakespeare's timeline was the example), they stood.  That was a big deal!  So excited to stand and take direction!  Yeah, Monday!

Facing DS, pointing SR. Check.  Pointing SL. Check.  Point US.  ALL classes point above their head which the first time, brought tears of suppressed laughter from the teacher and me. 3 minutes later, US is discovered.  Yeah, Monday!

Then onto the class and scripted scene study.  Noisy and chaotic but exploratory and successful.  Sometimes class IS messy, as life is messy and to acknowledge that brings order, focus, awareness.  Good stuff.

Onto class #2, 3, 4 and home.

Around 6pm I had inspired session with a Careers For Transition Counselor.  Considering going for a Masters in ......... ;)))  After a lively conversation, I have homework to do, research, emails and, hopefully, follow up phone conversations.

Q just barked like a wild dog and pranced stoically back and forth 5-6 times, alerting whatever is outside, HE's the man and don't F w/ me!

I'll miss you, Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment