Wednesday, Oct 29 and 30
Rented a car and headed to Yosemite to explore a possible new life in Drama Therapy. The NADTA was having a conference and all the who's who's was there from US, Canada, Iran, South Africa, plus, plus, plus.
I left by 10, got there by 5. Grabbed a sandwich. Met my roommates, 3 grad students from Lesley University out of Cambridge, MA. Delightful young women on a track of healing others in a creative and inspired way. Lucky them!! I was very pooped and was in bed by 8.... definitely the 'old' one in the room! They all had flown from Boston, time changes, altitude changes and went out to socialize with others at the hot tub. ouch! Lucky them, however, I do remember those days and much prefer the bed to the tub!
A full day of workshops and the time flew by. The classes I chose were designed to educate those who are looking to step into this field. They were led by the President of the NADT and incoming President. One is from US the other CA. Such great work and it iced the fact that more discovery is in the plan to see HOW CAN I DO THIS???
At dinner I sat at a table with the key note speaker who does depth psychology and ecopsychology. So, so cool! Also, a RDT from Lebanon who just completed a film shot in a women's prison in Lebanon and used DT to help them work through their sentence. Most of them were in jail for attacking or killing their husbands.
After dinner headed back to Palm Springs at around 8. Long drive after a long day, but I had a gift from the Eley clan to join them in San Antonio for a reunion. So, got to Palm Springs by 3am, crashed for a couple of hours and off to the airport at 5am.
The 1st time we 4 kids have ALL been together in one location in 50 years.... to celebrate the life of Jack Eley who passed 50 years ago this year.
Being so busy I only had a chance to take one photo when I first got there. Lovely lodge and in the midst of giant Sequoias. ahhhhh!

No comments:
Post a Comment