Tuesday, 11
Wednesday, 12
Tuesday: After working on the 'new' version of Dana Leong Trio lesson plan for 2 hours... had a follow up phone interview with Linda Bunch from CTFD, LA.
I expressed to her the NADTA conference, what I learned, who I met, what the futures of it could be, where to get the education, distance learning, online learning, alternative track, etc and she had some great advice. Go to the locations here, in the desert, where I'd like to work and request a sit down with the directors. Find out if drama therapy would be a good option, fit, for future work. Where, she asked, could I work after all the time and money spent on getting the degree? Find out if there's a market for what you can offer and build in your own job. Great advice!
Wednesday:
First phone session with Pam Dunne of Drama Therapy Institute of LA (DTILA) and her sense of what I've gleaned. She said this was all correct and keep it going. Also mentioned to try and get the degree ALONG with the RDT, same time with similar curriculum. Also, go for an integrated degree which means 2-3 course work: theatre arts, psychology, education along with DRT and that should provide enough credentials (at at the 500-600 level) to work anywhere. OK. Now the COST! OY.
No comments:
Post a Comment