Wednesday, 19
Fully intending on last participation in this amazing place, a restless sense was overwhelming....
David's performance, Orpheus and Eurydice, the night before, allowed a pivotal moment in my morning meditation.
He'd left by 6am and was hiking, meditating, espresso-ing. I proceeded to pack and organize then fell into a precious knoll right outside the door, to just sit and face the rising sun. In sitting a natural ease came to focus and soon, mediation was full on. In that state, the previous nights' story came to me.
I was sitting cross legged with my hands folded in my lap. Facing the sun, eyes closed, I could feel the warmth, quiet, surroundings. From my gut a surge began and, unknowingly tears welled and boiled out. I lowered my head and I was catching the tears in my hands. While experiencing this (quite phenomenally, as I wasn't crying), I started to sway. Realizing the tears were real, I started to breath deeply from my nose and through my mouth. This rhythm took place and it was as if I was holding, rocking, shhhh-ing, as in soothing a baby. The tears were not mine, but......... yes, the spiritual sense of care taking was fully in place. If I couldn't be there in person, I certainly was, in fullness, there in spirit.
David returned and joined me on the small knoll, offering a fresh espresso! I shared with him the power of his story and how the tears seemed like deeply buried coal in my gut; that deep coal becoming diamonds; those diamonds becoming my tears. Diamonds.
We sat, briefly, in silence. Then he asked if I was ok.
Onward to breakfast and noticing magnificent wall hangings. These were commissioned by Deborah in honor of her husband's many writings on shamanism, meditation, mystical concepts.
The staff was awesome gathering my things, assisting across the border and customs, even putting my stuff in my car.
Driving home I knew there was nothing I could do or fix. The love I do still have has to be carefully offered as, it is surprising, how many can't accept it.
A little reminder on the way out:
Homeward bound, again photos can tell such stories!

No comments:
Post a Comment